Thursday, September 20, 2018

Two Doctors

It all went well yesterday. My glaucoma doctor said I was stable then we talked about his new part-time position teaching about treating glaucoma as a professor at my university hospital. He didn't know that Michael and I sit on a patient advisor board in charge of the clinics. Well, that brought on a whole different conversation. He was sharing some issues he was trying to deal with, nothing different then what we had heard from other clinics, so I was able to offer him the steps that are being put into place to address those specific issues. It made him feel better.

From there, I made the drive into the city without a problem. While eating lunch, I was able to complete the paperwork for the vascular doctor in two weeks. Dr. K. was in a good mood, we chatted about the latest diagnosis of pseudo gout, my vascular issues and Friday's surgery to remove the bump on my finger.

Flu shot advice: She said to not take the vaccine until mid-October or I would need a booster early next year.

I am doing so well that we have agreed to see each other in 6-months. I did warn her that I was mostly worried about getting sick beginning now but it seems I have been ill in February or March the past couple of years. My goal is to stay well this winter.

She did ask for a blood test to see what my immune system is doing. Two years ago, it was still in a decent range but she wanted to check it again. If lower, she will send me to another clinic to have it boosted.

This morning, Jeannie and I will drive to rehab class together. It is going to be 80 degrees over the pass, very warm for us Coastside people!

No comments: