Sunday, September 23, 2018

Bump is Still Here

Nope. Didn't happen! It turns out that I need to stop some medications before surgery on my finger bump, which has been scheduled in a couple of weeks. I so wanted it gone! I did learn that it will be an approximate 6-week recovery, healing time before I can play my bass.

On the phone with my online pharmacy, I discovered that the pseudo gout medication pushed me into the Medicare donut hole! The first time ever! I am so careful of managing my drugs and this came out of nowhere. It was $815.00 (billed only $175.00 to me!) and along with three drugs I bought in August threw me into the hole. It is going to cost me a lot of money through the end of the year. All out-of-pocket-costs will be 35% for brand name and 45% for generic drugs. Gonna hurt!

Yesterday, I actually worked about three hours in the gardens, the most time spent out there in a long time. It felt fantastic. I did some major trimming, then cleaned all the mess up and hauled it to the big container. Good exercise. I can feel it a bit this morning. Everything needs to be watered later today but first...

I am heading over the pass with Michael. We will do a bit of shopping then have some lunch. It is totally foggy and cool here on the coast and the 49ers are playing this morning so traffic shouldn't be too awful!

On a funny note: As we were leaving the scheduler for my finger surgery, I commented, "Elvis is leaving my finger!" then heard some laughing. It was my surgeon! "That's funny! Are you going to tell jokes during the surgery?" I smiled, "It worked for the liver biopsy surgeon! Had him laughing the entire time!"

No comments: