Monday, September 17, 2018

New Diagnosis

Made it through the weekend! Two doctor's this week: Lung doctor and Orthopedic Hand surgeon. Plus, there will be two rehab classes and two days with mom. A full week.

It is amazing that I am feeling so good and filled with energy. Pushing myself so hard this weekend actually was a good thing! I remember what mom's doctors keep telling her: Don't slow down or stop. If she does, she will not be able to keep doing it.

What a difference there is after changing my statin drug from 20 mgs of Lipitor to 5 mgs of Crestor. Holy smokes, my short-term memory is back! Names! Titles of books and movies! Lists! I realize that it may just be a change in the amount of the drug that made the difference but it is marvelous. I have a feeling the dosage will be increased so I am enjoying it as long as possible.

I have been formally diagnosed with Pseudogout. Not gout but pseudogout! It is like gout, treated like gout but the large crystal deposits in the joint are caused by calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate while regular gout is caused by sodium urate crystals. It can resemble Osteoarthritis. Sooo, a new drug has been ordered and I should be receiving it soon.

Today, mom and I will be together in Costco visiting her hearing aid people. Michael and I have been eating very lightly all week so I am looking forward to a nice lunch together. A nice start to a busy week.

No comments: