It is also a very scary time for those of us with no immune system because of prednisone. There is a nasty cold going around here and I can feel that the flu is just sneaking up behind it!
So, what do we do? What's the plan?
- Shop for the holidays on Monday mornings or late evenings when there are no crowds.
- Use hand cleaners climbing into the car. Every time.
- Wash hands when arriving home from anywhere.
- When hearing a cough, change directions and get out of the area.
- Babies are full of germs. The worst illness I had three years ago was caused by holding a baby. Masks are good and washing hands afterwards is important.
- Sick relatives show up at holiday celebrations. My family knows that if anyone is ill, I will not attend.
- Attend work parties but keep it limited. If it is a buffet, eat after the party. People use the utensils and sneeze or cough or even breathe on the food.
- Avoid crowds of people. No movies, no concerts, no plays.
The goal is to stay well into the new year.