Sunday, November 15, 2015

Quiet Before the Storm

Today is the day my dad died in 1997 after elective surgery and a month in the hospital. (HERE) My mom continues to dream about him every night and sometimes they just talk together about their children and grandchildren. She is deeply comforted by these dreams. She still misses him and we will be visiting his crypt this week. She decorates it for the holidays.

Rehab Dick phoned yesterday to let me know they are going ahead with a biopsy of the tumor growing on the outside of his lung. There were questions of whether he was strong enough for the biopsy and if his lung would collapse during the process. A tumor board recommended the biopsy and he has agreed to it after Thanksgiving, in case his stay in the hospital is longer due to complications. He didn't want to ruin his family's holiday. So Dick.

I just didn't feel well yesterday. After doing the gardening, I napped on and off most of the day but just felt off. No fever. No coughing. Just...off.

Michael glanced over to me and said, "It is really okay if you want to go to bed at 7:30." I was gone and asleep by 7:45. Maybe I just needed more rest as I am feeling so much better this morning. Michael and I will be together all day so it will be quiet but wet and cold outside. Perfect fall day. A quiet before the storm of an extremely busy week next week.

No comments: