Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

The happiest of Thanksgivings to you. I so hope you have lots of family and friends sharing this holiday with you. We are going to my niece's Shelley's house where we will meet her boyfriend's family for the first time. There will be a total of twelve for dinner and they will include his mom, sister and her children.

Children. I am a bit nervous. I hope they are well and have not picked up any new bugs in school this past week. But, I have to say, the teacher in me comes out, I dearly love being around children so I am expecting to have an extra special Thanksgiving.

It was a long day yesterday. I made a Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Gingersnap Cookie Crust with Chopped Spiced and Roasted Walnuts. The recipe was four pages long and it was a lot of work. It took hours as it had to be made in stages. For those who don't like pumpkin, I made an Apple Crisp, which will be served with a caramel sauce. Both of these and mom's cranberries will be hauled in a car for the 2.5 hour ride to Shelley's. And that's if traffic is not horrible.

Michael brought home 40 fresh clams for dinner last night. They were delicious and we were moaning while eating them! I had never cooked them before.

May all your travels be safe without lots of delays! Enjoy the family, food and fun!!

No comments: