Monday, January 1, 2018

Welcome 2018

Happy New Year!! Welcome 2018! We were in bed early and slept through it all.

Sunday, we had a final meal with British Don before I said my farewells. Michael just left moments ago to meet him at his loft in the city, take care of a couple of things then load up his luggage and the cat carrier and head to the airport. The cat has to arrive by 7:30 and he has to check in by 10:30. They will sit at the airport and share a final cup of coffee.

This will be a fantastic move for him but it is still so scary. Jumping off a cliff, so to speak. As he is retired, he did the math and found he would save around $50K a year in expenses by moving east. With a dear friend who is a mover and shaker there, he will have a very active social life. It will be so good for him.

While Michael is with him, I will be heading to mom's around 8:30, fix her computer, tell her about our trip then meet Michael back at the house at 11:00 for lunch. The plan. We'll see if it all works out. I did phone mom yesterday and learned that she had the flu on Christmas and, as of yesterday, was feeling better. While there today, I will be wearing a mask and will wash my hands right before I leave.

In 2018, I am hoping for a solution to my failed GERD surgery and my focus will be to try to rebuild my stamina. More workouts. More walks along the ocean. It will be a push and a struggle but I have had to begin again so many times before. Here we go.

No comments: