Living Well with a Bad Diagnosis - Lung Disease

Thursday, March 30, 2017

To Go or Not To Go

Last evening, my phone lit up with a message from Kathy. It was her husband giving me the bad news and the funeral information. I think that was very kind of him and I replied that I would be at her funeral on Saturday if I wasn't in the hospital.

I still felt pretty miserable all day yesterday. It began with a very early Safeway spree before we met with the local doctor at 9:30AM. She looked at my knee, did a very intensive examination, discovered that the fluid was not in the joint and that my knee was very stable. Nothing wrong with it and the fluid should eventually be absorbed. That was the good news!

The bad news came when she offered to listen to my lungs. Yes, please. She heard the usual loud crackles in the left one but the right one had the wet sounds of pneumonia. Dr. K. wants me in her ED if I do not feel better by today.

And that's the decision of the day. It is the exhaustion that is overwhelming. If I feel that, I will get my lungs up to the ED. In the meantime, I am going to shower and prepare for a possible trip to the hospital.

No comments: