Friday, April 7, 2017

Feeling Better

I think I turned a corner yesterday. Even though I had a rough night, I didn't hit the wall of exhaustion in the morning. While out of the house for the housekeepers, I was in Safeway chatting with one of the checkers who's daughter has lung issues. She asked how I was feeling. It was with relief that my symptoms are not unusual for the nasty virus that she said so many people have and it lasts for a month or longer. Sleep issues. Not able to eat. Cough. Exhaustion. Oddly, it made me feel so much better. There may not be a deeper issue going on with my health. It might just be a run of this stupid bug.

The wall of exhaustion never hit yesterday.

My retired sister phoned and we had a nice chat. She and her husband are going to meet my brother and his wife in Montana in May on their first real road trip. They are very excited. I was able to get a lot of information about the May wedding of my niece Shelley. We must have talked an hour. It has been a long time since we had such a great conversation.

Natalie also contacted me. Ethan, her husband, is in Chicago as his mom is struggling with a very dangerous and tenacious MRSA infection and she needs help tomorrow. Oliver has a swimming lesson in town while Winnie has her Junior Olympics class over the pass around the same time. Usually, one parent covers each child but Ethan is gone. I am going to meet them for brunch then take Winnie over the pass for her class. Natalie will meet her after Oliver's swimming lesson. It will be good to get caught up on their lives. So very busy.

Mom and I will be spending the day together. We have a short list of things we need to do and I am so glad I am feeling better. She has been so worried about me.

No comments: