Monday, April 17, 2017

Helpful Visit

It was a good day with mom: Easter in the garden of restaurant in the heart of Palo Alto. Just lovely being together to celebrate Easter and the beginning of Spring. It rained. Also, a sign of Spring!

Michael and I went to the hospital to visit our friend John, who was dealing with lung cancer and fluid in his thoracic cavity. This hospitalization was caused by an infection in his picc line for chemo. His room was filled with his daughter and her husband, his brother and his wife and their daughter. I had copied the user manual for my portable oxygen system, which he had asked Michael about during an earlier visit. As a mouth breather, he needed continuous flow instead of on demand access and my Eclipse is the best on the market, in my opinion.

His brother, who we know really well, was going to order it to be delivered overnight and be ready when John is released from the hospital in a couple of days. Hopefully. He thanked us so much for the information and asked me many questions about it. I felt like I helped a little bit.

Today is the beginning of a very busy week and I still am not feeling 100%. Hopefully, I will manage it well and not have another relapse. Fingers crossed!

No comments: