Friday, April 28, 2017

Only Day 3

We tried to see if I could get into the shower this morning but I couldn't take that step up, putting my full weight either in the shower or the one foot out of the shower, so it has to wait. I am able to put most of my weight on the left leg but not the full weight. But, that is a huge improvement in a short period of time. We took off the ace bandages for the day and I was shocked at the swelling of my entire knee. We have a long way to go.

I have a huge amount of empathy for anyone in a wheelchair or needing help walking. It is so limiting. I understand how it is easy to just stay home instead of fighting to get out. I also understand how that can bring about depression.

Michael keeps me laughing and reminding me that this is going to take some time to heal. I am doing well because of him. We are both exhausted at the end of the day and are sleeping really well!

Leslie, Michael's cousin, had knee surgery last year and had to not put any weight on it for six weeks. She was so happy when she was able to get up but a couple of months later, she needed to redo the surgery, so another six weeks down. I am thinking about her a lot right now.

No comments: