Living Well with a Bad Diagnosis - Lung Disease

Tuesday, May 2, 2017


It felt marvelous to be out in the world yesterday. Mom arrived to her eye doctor appointment on time while I sat on the lower floor, near the bathroom, enjoying an iced tea and magazines. While sitting there, after driving in the car for over an hour, I looked down at my foot and ankle and watched them grow. They became very swollen even after I kept it elevated. By the time I got home, I couldn't see my ankle on the damaged leg. After elevation, ice and compression hose, everything was back to normal this morning.

I was actually able to walk up the two stairs to the front door without pain, though still needing the walker. Hopefully, I can be stable enough to get rid of the walker soon!

Michael is gone. He left this morning about 4AM to drive with Jim up to his beautifully remodeled home on a lake about three hours north. They had to leave that early to avoid traffic through the city. Jim bought a 40' boat and needed Michael to put all the decals on it. Michael is an expert at that. They were also meeting some workmen today and again tomorrow morning so I don't expect him home until Wednesday afternoon.

In preparation of his leaving, I now have everything I need on the table in the living room. He thought of everything. He only phoned me about 100 times yesterday to make sure I was okay so I am expecting endless calls until he gets home. He was worried about leaving but I insisted. I thought he needed the time off from being my caretaker 24/7. I'll be fine and maybe, just maybe, I can surprise him by walking without the walker. A goal. We'll see!

Today? I have a ton of paperwork to work through, reservations to make for Mother's Day, toe nail appointments to book for mom and me, make the food shopping list for the week, the bedroom needs to be picked up and I just want to pick everything up, which is something that I have not been able to do. I might even play a little piano.

No comments: