Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation

This morning, I have an early morning appointment with the local doctor to take a look at the knee, drain it and write a referral to my university hospital. It should be better yet it is not. Afterward, I will pick up Jeannie and we will head to the pulmonary rehab class. The bike helped my knee feel so good last week that I hope it feels as good today.

Mom and I spent the day together but her eye doctor appointment ran long. While she was in the offices, I was down in the lobby where I met the most engaging 6th grader. We chatted as two equals waiting for our parents. His father showed up, took a seat and joined the conversation! What a lovely family and I was thrilled to hear that the son's visual issues can be greatly improved. What a kid.

Through all of the drama with my knee, my breathing has been exceptionally good, even though I have a slight cough. Acid reflux is still present and I will be addressing that issue with Dr. K. within a couple weeks.

Because I made a donation, I receive a Breathe magazine from the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation several times a year. Through the magazine, I am able to read about the research they have funded and stories about their fundraising for that research. It is an amazing organization and I personally know several of the doctors on their board and other positions. They have an upcoming seminar in Nashville this November. Details are on the site. If you have pulmonary fibrosis, please check out their site at:  http://www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org

No comments: