Friday, May 19, 2017

Wedding Preparations

What a day! We didn't get home until 7:30 but felt both fulfilled and satisfied. The meeting of the Ambulatory Patient Advisory Board was so much fun. We had two special presenters and our opinions were prodded out of all of us. I can't say what the debate was about but we all were supportive of the project that is in the infant stage but has great potential and would be a great help to the patients, especially those who live a distance from the clinics. Lots of laughing. Lots of back and forth. Lots of opinions and ideas. Very fulfilling

Before the meeting, Michael took the baby present up to Andrea in the PFT waiting room as my knee was not up to the long walk. She was absolutely delighted with the larger John Deere Cowboy Booties with a cute matching outfit. The entire office watched and laughed and applauded when she showed each piece from the wrapped box. I am so happy that she loved them.

We went by our favorite little place just north of us on the way home after the meeting. They are a delicious little place with a small menu but very thoughtfully prepared and presented food. They use all organic veggies and local small farms provide the meat/chicken. Michael had a malted chocolate to cool down his jalapeƱo topped pulled pork sandwich, which we split. Very satisfying.

Today is preparation day! I will be pulling everything together for our long trip to the wedding tomorrow. Shelley and Russ. It should be so much fun. My knee is not doing great so I promised Michael that I would find a spot and sit most of the day. He is worried that I am a bit unstable and might trip and fall in unfamiliar surroundings!

I have a long list of what needs to be done today. Let the fun begin!

No comments: