Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I am so blessed to still have my mom to share this part of both of our lives. We will meet this morning, enjoy of nice lunch together then Michael and I will finish our day shopping. William is in rehearsals in Nashville in preparation for his tour with a new group but I am sure I will hear from him sometime today.

The all Mozart orchestra concert went really well last night. I must say that the bass section was outstanding and really nailed it. Two strong Scorpio women. It is rare to find women playing our instrument but to have two playing in the same orchestra was very rare. We talked and laughed a lot before, after and during intermission. I even barely survived the 4th movement of the Symphony!

My knee is very sore this morning and I am struggling with acid reflux for the first time since the Nissen Fundoplication surgery many years ago. I woke up coughing and know that some got into my lungs last night. I will be emailing Dr. K. today and expect to have to experience the horrible tests of the sensors up my nose and into my stomach to measure acid levels through the night. So uncomfortable. That, too, might explain my horrible PFT numbers.

But for today, I am going to enjoy being with my mom and my husband, hearing from my son and appreciating being out into the world.

No comments: