Sunday, August 5, 2018

Fiddling

Friday night was a hoot. The Irish Fiddling group was missing its leader Leslie and one of the guitarists. Even one of the violinist's had to leave after the first hour. The gig began with just two violins and me. A challenge sound-wise. It was not the best of combinations of sound. Finally, our singer/guitarist arrived, still jet lagged from his safari in Kenya. He even had danced with the Masai! After weeks of not playing any music at all, he played and sang everything without missing a beat. It was a pleasure to hear! Then, Christy came with her violin and Irish drum and added so much more to the group. We actually were sounding pretty darn good for still missing two musicians! I must say, I slept well that night.

It has been a much needed quiet weekend. I'm heading over the pass with Michael this morning so he can work on a friend's car for an hour or so. It may be just enough time to look at shoes at DSW! We'll have lunch together before heading home.

A perfect day. Just hanging out together.

It is going to be a busy but do-able week ahead. I am going to try to begin to walk along the ocean again. I need to move more. My wrists are getting tiny but my thighs have lost definition and I don't like that! Time to turn this around.

No comments: