Thursday, August 16, 2018

Lots of Smiles Last Night

It was so satisfying. We set up in the lobby of the new Mid-Century Modern-style library and played good Irish music, which made people bounce and tap their feet and smile. My bass loved the lobby and Michael told us we could be heard out in the parking lot! Great acoustics! Since this is a little town, I saw people stroll by who I hadn't seen in almost two decades! Some were still around when we finished so I was able to connect. It is always a pleasure to learn what William's schoolmates are doing in their adult lives.

Earlier in the day, I was able to do yard work for the first time in awhile. It felt great but I was only able to do about 90-minutes. I didn't want to weed or use my hands as they usually cramp afterward and I had the gig later.

All in all it was a satisfying day.

Today, Jeannie and I will be headed to the rehab class and an early bedtime for me. I couldn't sleep last night. I think it was due to the high of a great gig and an exciting Giants ball game. Finally, I moved to the couch but it still took time to settle in. I am going to be exhausted.

Our focus is on Friday and Saturday and the final push of things to do before mom's 90th birthday parties. An exciting weekend ahead.

No comments: