Monday, August 6, 2018

Sunday Recipes

It was so great to spend hours together yesterday. Michael and I even enjoyed a nice lunch, which was good as I felt I had been eating too much the past three mornings with our Bacon and Egg Chili Breakfast. It was delicious, rich and very filling even when we stretched it from four servings to eight. The recipe is HERE

We were able to pick up a new modem from Comcast for mom and even set it up for her. I also was able to find a picture frame for her birthday party. Done and done. After we got home, I made deviled eggs for Michael's breakfasts and a new recipe for dinner: Vegetable, Steak and Eggs and the recipe is HERE

Our friend Jim sent a bag of the best fresh fruit home with Michael including huge, red cherries and a variety of green plums and crispy apples and a cauliflower and the most delicious peaches. Now, I am not allowed any of these fruits in my diet. It processes directly to fat as my prednisone-tired pancreas just does not work well anymore. I must admit to eating some of the cherries. They were simply amazing and I am going to take some to mom this morning, just to get them out of the house! With the peaches, I made Michael a Peach Crumble and I enjoyed a spoonful after dinner last night.

Summer fruits are probably the things I miss the most in my diet of protein and non-starchy vegetables. But, I have kept be able to keep my massive weight loss off for seven years, so far.

No comments: