Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Leg Bump

Prolia. I had one shot last year and now it has been discovered that those who received the entire 5-years run of the drug are experiencing disturbing large bone fractures. Tomorrow, I will be at my university hospital, with Michael, to sit in their infusion center and have an IV of an older drug, similar to Prolia but without the future bone fractures. I will get the name of the drug tomorrow.

We'll be in the city together...lunch! Some fun. The fires have been fierce north of us and, so far, we have escaped any of the ashes or aroma here on the coastside. But, I hear that the smoke is in the air in the city, if the winds are blowing out to the ocean. We won't be able to stay in the city if it is smokey.

I am so looking forward to my appointment with the rheumatology clinic as things are changing. Each morning, both knees are stiff and approximately once every two weeks, I need an Aleve. My first two toes of both feet are mostly numb and the knob on my finger is getting larger and harder. Like a stone. The initial diagnosis was gout (arthritis). But, I don't have high uric acid numbers nor do I eat a high fat diet. Is the cause my low thyroid numbers? We shall see.

Something also weird is in these videos. It is on my left leg and happens when I flex my foot. There is no pain so I don't think it is a blood clot.


No comments: