Wednesday, August 8, 2018

First Crop Ever

Michael and I are out the door within minutes for my appointment in the city. We are going to the infusion center for an IV of a drug similar to Prolia. It's a drug to help my poor, thinning, prednisone weakened bones. I will get the actual name of the drug today.

Yesterday, we finally cut some of Michael's first crop of arugula and enjoyed it under fresh salmon for dinner. Delicious. Ron has been teaching him how to grow vegetables including tomatoes, a challenge here on the cool coast.

It is a spare the air day today due to the fires. It is even bad here, though I don't smell any smoke. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse but I will be in the rehab class, which keeps its temperature in the low 60s and the doors are all kept shut. Hopefully, there will be no smokey smell while we try to work out.

No comments: