Friday, August 17, 2018

Birthday Celebration #1

I was dragging all day after our Irish Fiddling gig on Wednesday evening and fell asleep on the couch last night around 7PM until Michael walked me to bed. Sleeping well the rest of the night, I am ready for my mom's 90th birthday TODAY! We are meeting her friend and her husband for lunch on the Avenue. The origami cranes are ready. The Godiva Chocolates are ready. I promise to take photos.

Rehab class yesterday? I must add that it was excellent and my saturation numbers were really good! 96% on the bike! Very unusual! Feeling strong going into the birthday weekend.

With all the upcoming parties, we have been very careful watching our calories so we can have a cupcake tomorrow and I am going to have a forkful of Michael's dessert at today's luncheon. Last night's dinner was a new low carb recipe, so simple and so very delicious and so good for those of us on prednisone. We just can't processes anything into sugars well. Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry (so pretty I snapped a photo) and the recipe is HERE .

This morning, we are moving slowly, will take showers and head to mom's. I can't believe she is 90-years old. She is still totally independent and mentally fit. She lives each day to the max and has not slowed down. I am still learning so many life lessons just watching her negotiate this time of her life.

No comments: