Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Spinning

Since driving Jeannie to rehab class for the past year and a half, I have not been able to run errands or do anything else on the other side of the pass on rehab days. I knew that going into carpooling would change my routine but I really wanted to offer her relief from the horrible diesel driven mini-bus. It has been a pleasure carpooling with her. Yesterday, I took advantage of her only carpooling on Thursdays to meet up with my friend Lois for coffee and a peak at her new car.

Lois is my friend I met in the other rehab. As a cancer survivor, she went through the whole chemo/radiation routine but, when given the okay from her doctors, she attacked the cancer from returning with a diet and exercise routine. When we met, she was working out everyday for 3-4 hours on all the machines cranked up to their highest levels. Amazing.

She was a biologist, one smart cookie but what bonded us was music. She sang with a major university chorus and, in fact, we realized we had performed together!

Her husband, Peter died last year and she really needed a dependable car. She talked about her choices with Michael and finally bought it: a very cute BRX Suburu sports car. It was the cutest, rare color! A light blue!

We met and she took me for a spin. She was in love! I swear she was also 20 years younger while driving it! After a bit of lunch together, I hung out and met up with my rehab classmates.

Today, I am going to do some trimming in the front yard before the Irish Fiddling gig this evening. The Library opening begins at 6:30 and we are playing the first hour. Should be fun!

No comments: