Monday, January 25, 2016

Back to Reality

No rain until Friday, no doctor's until Thursday, needed haircuts on Wednesday and rehab class on Tuesday. A rather quiet week ahead. But today, ah today, is going to be non-stop: the other rehab then the butcher then Trader Joe's then mom's then the bank then Safeway then home. I think I want a nap already. We had such a nice weekend that I really don't want to go back to reality.

The other interesting thing I am doing is stopping the Flonase beginning today as I am seeing a new ENT doctor next Monday. I want the full-blown issue to be seen by her. Ever since I got sick just a year ago, I have been struggling with fluid behind my eardrum and lots of ringing in my ear. The Flonase really helped but the side effects included coughing and shortness of breath. Time to get off of it.

Life around here has become so much simpler for me after Michael took over the laundry duties. I no longer even think about it. It has also been a lot of fun cooking together as I sit on the stool and watch while he works. Last week, while making an old-fashioned meatloaf of beef, pork and veal, he learned how to cut an onion in perfect small dice. This week, I am going to talk him through Barbacoa Tacos ( HERE). This is a very extensive recipe and it will teach him a lot of different techniques. We need to invite our new neighbors over for dinner and this is what I think we will make for them. Something different. Unique.

We are trying to peak ahead to the weather in the areas we will be driving through in two weeks on our trip to Seattle to see William. So far, so good. Lots of rain but no snow is in the forecast. So far. Fingers crossed.

No comments: