Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Quit

Yesterday was a non-stop day and I was so happy to see Michael already home when I arrive right at 3PM. He hauled all the groceries into the house and helped me put them away. Everything else went as planned. Mom looked great, we had a cup of soup for lunch and talked and talked and talked.

What was so fantastic was that I was not exhausted. The past two months, I could not have done half of what I did yesterday and I still would have been ready for bed by 7PM. Definitely on the mend but still not feeling 100%.

In other news, my 58-year old brother quit his job last week. There were lots of reasons and he had been miserable for quite some time. He lives in a small town in New Mexico near the university where he earned his PhD. They had been talking to him about doing some teaching and the conversation had resolved to, "Any class. Any time." He will take some time off and maybe teach a class or two in the Fall. A lovely way to work into full retirement.

Tuesday equal rehab class. If the new guy is there early, I am going to bring him into the group and introduce him around. We will turn his scowl into a smile!

No comments: