Thursday, January 7, 2016

So Much Better

I can't believe how much better I feel. My breathing at night is so much better as I am no longer making little "meow" sounds when exhaling. Even working out at the other rehab yesterday was so much easier and I was able to kick up the treadmill speed. Michael and I spent the day together, along with a long to-do list, yet I had enough energy for orchestra rehearsal last night. I am no longer exhausted and feeling that I would need a nap later in the day when I would climb out of bed in the mornings.

I feel like I have been given a reprise. I have a chance to once again, avoid lung transplants by focusing on exercise. Only time will tell. It is back to the rehab class today.

Funny story. Michael and I went to lunch at a noisy Dutch bakery on the Avenue yesterday. It was so noisy that neither of us noticed the many texts then phone calls coming in on both of our phones. It was William. He was at his DMV renewing his driver's license. We discovered this while walking through the Sur la Table after lunch and Michael felt his phone jiggle. Here is where I feel like a terrible mother: he needed to know where we were born. Our son didn't know that?!? What made me laugh was that Michael gave him the wrong city for me! Forty-two years of marriage! And he knew better! We drove by the apartment where my parents were living when I was born the last time we were in the Chicago area. Thankfully, I was standing there and was able to correct him.

We are watching the weather and hoping to slip up to Seattle between storm in early February for a visit with William before his next big tour out of the country. We haven't seen him since August. Too long.

No comments: