Monday, January 18, 2016

Feeling Better

We watched a lot of football yesterday. The rains didn't arrive when expected. We kept waiting and waiting until BOOM! a massive storm rolled in during the evening and poured well into the night. Today should be mild. Sorry that I am so focused on the weather but we have not seen rain here for four years and it feels marvelous! The big fear is that it will suddenly stop, like in past years. Apparently, El Nino is strong enough to keep it coming through May. Fingers crossed.

After working out at the other rehab, mom and I will swing by the oxygen company where I have rented portable oxygen equipment in the past. The Eclipse has continuous flow instead of just on demand. My lungs are so weak that at night, I don't have enough power in my inhale to kick it in and an alarm sounds after a bit. Years ago, it was around $350/month to rent. As I will return it in just over a week, they will give me a parcel refund.

My cough has greatly lessened. Though I have not exerted a lot this weekend, I really have not had that deep, long cough that sounds like I dying. It will be interesting to see how I do working out this morning.

No comments: